- Government Offices
- Perry County Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission
Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission
In April of 2008, Perry County voters approved a one-fourth percent of one-cent countywide sales tax that became effective on October 1, 2008 with no expiration date. This tax revenue is divided equally between the Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission (PCSSTC) and the Perry County Youth Tax Board. The PCSSTC is made up of 7 individuals who reside in Perry County. They are appointed to 3 year terms by the Perry County Commission. Appointments occur in August of each year. The PCSTC meets on the second Wednesday in the months of January, April, July, October and November at 3 pm. Meetings are held in the basement of the Perry County Health Department at 321 North St, Suite 2, Perryville MO 63775.
Historically, the PCSSTC oversees the disbursement of roughly $300,000 annually to programs intended to engage in, fund, carry on, conduct or take part in programs, projects and services designed to improve the health, nutrition, circumstances and well-being and enhance the quality of life of persons in Perry County who are fifty-five years of age or older.
PCSSTC Commission Members
Pat Wichern (expires 2024) (Treasurer)
Charlie Geringer (expires 2025)
Janet Wengert (expires 2025)
Bonnie Schnurbusch (expires 2023)
Edwin Stueve (expires 2023) (Chairperson)
Beth Guth (expires 2023) (Secretary)
Liz Yokley (expires 2024)
If you have any questions or are interested in serving on the Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission, please contact the Perry County Clerk at 573-547-4242, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit a letter of interest, along with a Board, Commission or Committee Application Form to the Perry County Commission one month prior to the month of selection in order to be considered for a position. Should mid-term resignations occur, the Commission will inform the community and request individuals put their interest in serving in writing. Letters of interest and applications can be mailed to the Perry County Commission at 321 N Main St., Suite 2, Perryville MO 63775, or delivered in person to the Perry County Clerk's office located at the same address as listed on the first floor of the Perry County Administration Building.
Board, Commission or Committee Application Form can be found here
Information on Grant Applications
- Applications for funding assistance must be submitted by 4 pm on November 4, 2022 for 2023 yearly grants. Large Grant applicants submitting applications must attend the November 9, 2022 meeting to present their organization's application. Mini-grant applications of $2,000 or less can be applied for two times per calendar year, or as need arises any time during the year. When submitting a mini-grant application, contact a PCSSTC board member directly via email or phone call to inform them the application is complete and turned in.
- Funding application forms are available by clicking PCSSTC Application Form. Completed applications should be submitted in print or type. Applicants are required to make seven copies of the application form, and the packet should be mailed or hand delivered to the Perry County Clerk's Office located in the Perry County Administration Building during regular business hours at 321 N Main St., Suite 2 Perryville MO 63775. Grant
- All persons or organizations requesting grant funds from the PCSSTC must attend the request meeting to present their request. Upon receiving grant funds, recipients are expected to submit quarterly reports and attend quarterly meetings to update the board and answer questions. If meetings are not attended, and quarterly reports not submitted, grant money will not be dispersed.
- Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission Application Form Available here
- Perry County Senior Services Tax Commission Mini Grant Application Form Available Here
- PCSSTC Meeting Policy available here